Monday, January 2, 2017

Let's try this again

I think it was 2 years ago when I said I was going to write every day.  That lasted a whole 7 days.  For real this time, I'm writing.

A lot has changed in 2 years.

  • We moved to a bigger house that we love (but we miss our old street...A LOT)
  • We've gotten older.  All of us.  Kids are growing like weeds.
  • Life has gotten A LOT busier.  Kids are all in school now and involved in quite a bit more.
  • My job has gotten more challenging.  It is more and more challenging every day!

So to update...

The hubs is now teaching his 3rd new subject in 3 years.  He loves it though and I think he has found his place at school.

The oldest is quite the athlete.  She still plays softball and now plays volleyball.  I'm happy to say I think she is liking volleyball a little more.

The middle wonder has left the softball world and is now a feisty little cheerleader.  It's our first year in the competitive cheer world, and while different, we love it and she is really pretty good.  I had no doubt.

Our little man is now in school.  He played his first season of tackle football with his dad coaching (which I LOVED seeing).  His team went undefeated for the season and won the Super Bowl!  It was pretty cool.  He challenges our mental state every single day.  I honestly believe this will end up being a good thing.  I may be in the nut house but it will be a good thing.

As for me...

I still struggle daily with my weight.  It's who I am.  This year I have decided that this is it.  I'm done struggling.  This is going to go away for good.  I started working out daily in September 2016 with Camp Gladiator.  It is the most amazing thing I have ever done for myself.  I get up at 4:15am every day and go sweat for an hour.  I'm definitely stronger from it, and if I would eat right I would be a toothpick.

Work is challenging.  The business has changed a lot and I think everyone in it is trying to figure it out.  There is so much more to our jobs because of social media and it's all new...for everyone...so we are learning more and more all the time.  Not to mention the fact that I have 3 kids that go in 3 different directions every day, it makes being amazing at my job tough.  I don't think I'm AMAZING daily, but I have my days.  

I suffered a lot of personal loss in 2016.  I won't go into detail because who wants to cry, but it's made me a different person.  I have goals, and I will meet them.  I have dreams that will come true.  I truly do not care what you think of me.  I don't.  I am who I am and if you don't like it then you can go ahead and just leave.  If you stand in my way I will knock you down.  I've come to realize I DON'T have to be everyone's favorite person and I won't try to be.  

I'm a mom, a wife, a daughter, a sister, a friend.  I love God, my family, my friends and my country.  I may drink a little too much sometimes and I cuss quite a bit.  Love me or leave me.

So...here's to 2017.  It will be bigger, it will be better and I'm gonna kick its ASS!

1 comment:

  1. Love you Lady! Kick ass blog post. New year..new life. Make it count.

    ReplyDelete