Friday, March 4, 2011

So...Tired...Must...Go...On...

Rodeo has begun...not like it use to be. There was a time when I did the morning show then I would rodeo it up until almost midnight just to come home and start all over at 2am without a blink of an eye. Yeah not so much anymore.

It's good though. It's funny how my eating habits have changed at rodeo. My first stop use to be the first fried food booth you could see. Then the next stop was some sort of ice cream or sweet stuff. Man those funnel cakes are hard to pass up. Fair food is some of the best, sorry it is. Fried twinkies, oreos, snickers, now they have deep fried bacon. Makes me sick just thinking about it.

Now I get to rodeo and it's shopping, looking for the cutest bling anything I can find. Now I can actually fit into those beautiful bling things. In fact, I've made friends with some of the vendors and I'm getting percentages off everywhere kind of like my weight is falling off everywhere. It's fun when you don't have to try things on, you KNOW it is going to fit. I guess that's what happens when you lose 30 pounds. Yes only 7 more to go to reach the 37 pound goal but I think I'm going to go for 40 or 50. Can you imagine?

Now I'm not going to lie, I have indulged a little bit. The beer was flowing freely at cook-off, but with all the walking and lack of fried food I pushed the pounds away. I use to be the first to fill my plate of food in the suite before rushing to a meet and greet, now just a bite here and there. I HAVE taken a bite of the famous potato salad that's in the suite, but just a taste, not a scarf it down moment. I make better choices on my indulgences, a piece of sausage here, a bite of brisket there, a little dab of salsa with a few chips.

It's like a whole new me. I don't even really crave bad food. I crave things like salad, mmmm salad, and grilled chicken, or a nice piece of steak, maybe fajitas without the tortilla. It's weird. I think my brain has finally made the switch. Could this be the skinny me coming out? Am I becoming the skinny bitch I have always wanted to be? We shall see...
For now I leave you with a picture from the past week...

1 comment:

  1. I really don't know how you do it. I am still worn out from just Friday and Saturday night! Back to bars and shakes for me.

    ReplyDelete